So you’re ready to email the spreadsheet, document, application, or photo that you’ve created. OK: Fire up your AIM or AOL Mail account, and recreate it all in an email to send it. That’s not how you work?
Of course, it isn’t. You’ll have to send the files as attachments. Fortunately, both AIM Mail and AOL Mail make delivering attached documents of all sorts a simple, fast affair.
To Attach a File to an Email in AIM Mail or AOL Mail:
- Open a new message in AIM Mail or AOL Mail.
- Click the Choose files to attach button in the toolbar right below the Subject line (look for the paperclip icon).
- Find and double-click the file you want to attach.
- To attach another file, repeat the last two steps.
- Make sure the total size of your message does not exceed the AIM Mail and AOL Mail message size limit of 25MB.
- Continue composing your message, and when done, simply send it as usual.
AIM Mail and AOL Mail Message Size Limits
The 25MB you’re allowed to send per email includes your message text, the email’s headers, and the attachment. If your message exceeds this, consider using a file sending service.