Yahoo Mail Classic was discontinued mid-2013, and all users were asked to migrate to the newer version, called simply Yahoo Mail. It is not possible to migrate backward from Yahoo Mail to Yahoo Mail Classic. Here are instructions for forwarding emails with attachments in early versions of Yahoo Mail Classic and instructions for accomplishing the same task in current versions of Yahoo Mail.
Forwarding a Message With Attachments in Yahoo Mail Classic
Email forwarding generically refers to the operation of resending an email message delivered to one email address on to a different email address.
Forwarding a message inline was simple and straightforward in early versions of Yahoo Mail Classic, but the inline text approach used for text-only messages didn’t work well for messages containing attachments. They were left behind and not forwarded. Fortunately, Yahoo Mail Classic provided a way to forward a message with all its attachments, too.
To forward an email that has files attached in Yahoo Mail Classic, follow these steps:
- Open the message you want to forward in Yahoo Mail Classic.
- Hold down the Ctrl button on Windows or Linux computers or the Alt key on a Mac while clicking Forward.
- Address the message and, optionally, add body text as you see fit.
- Click Send.
Note: In later releases of Yahoo Mail Classic, the original message’s attachments were automatically sent when forwarding.
Forwarding a Message With Attachments in Yahoo Mail
To forward an email with attachments in Yahoo Mail:
- Open a message with an attachment that you want to forward.
- Click Forward at the bottom of the email to open an additional email window for the forwarded message.
- Add the address of the individual you are forwarding the message to along with any message in the To field of the forwarded message window. You’ll be able to see that the attachments are present.
- Do not click the Plain Text icon at the bottom of the message area. If you click it, only the text of the message is forwarded.
- Click Send.